Ypsilanti - Washtenaw County|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Salary Range:||Based on experience|
|Benefits:||Weekend incentive pay and 403(b) retirement plan.|
Midnight Shift (11:00p-7:00a)
The Gilbert Residence provides basic nursing care to 32 residents. Supportive Living, Assisted Living and Specialized Dementia care to 58 residents. We carry a long tradition of excellence by providing compassionate and dignified care.
The Resident Assistant provides basic resident care under the supervision of a Med-Tech. They would assist with activities of daily living and assist in the housekeeping of the assisted living unit. Such care shall be directed to restoring and maintaining a Resident optimum level of independence, particularly with activities of daily living and social interactions.
The Gilbert Residence is a smoke free campus. Smoking or the use of tobacco products is prohibited in or on all Gilbert Residence buildings, grounds, parking lots, vehicles, or sidewalks adjacent to the property. Drug screening, in addition to a physical will be required upon hire.
|- Assist residents with bathing, toileting, and grooming|
- Assist residents with use of walkers, wheelchairs, and canes
- Measure intake and output
- Perform range of motion exercises
- Practice standard precautions and special isolation techniques
- Report any changes with residents or important information to supervisor
- Promote resident safety and rights
- Practice effective communication techniques with residents, visitors and co-workers
- Participate in training activities
|- High School Graduate (preferred)|
- One (1) plus years of experience preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to understand/take directions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Positive attitude
- Able to work without supervision
- Must be reliable
- Must be available every other weekend
Please do not call or email The Gilbert Residence. You will be contacted if your application is selected. Click Apply Now to submit your application and resume.