Activity Assistant- Memory Care
Closing Date: Jun. 06, 2017
Ypsilanti - Washtenaw County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||Negotiable, based on experience|
|Benefits:||Competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life (AD&D), 403(b), Paid Time Off, paid holidays, weekend incentive pay, and a relaxed environment.|
|Full Time |
Afternoon/evenings, as well as every other weekend and holiday rotation
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 403(b) retirement contributions, paid holidays, and paid time off.
The Gilbert Residence provides basic nursing care to 32 residents and assisted living and specialized dementia care to 58 residents. We carry a long tradition of excellence by providing compassionate and dignified care.
The Memory Program Coordinator works under the supervision of the Director of Life Enrichment by providing support for daily activities in the Gilbert Residence memory unit as well as with resident outings. He/she would also interact with and offer assistance to residents as needed.
The Gilbert Residence is a smoke free campus. Smoking or the use of tobacco products is prohibited in or on all Gilbert Residence buildings, grounds, parking lots, vehicles, or sidewalks adjacent to the property.
No phone calls or emails please. Click Apply Now below to submit your cover letter, application, and resume
|- Organize, plan and implement programs (both group and one on one) that promote resident well-being and service residents on memory care unit|
- Create plan of care based on resident activity needs and attend care conferences with families as appropriate
- Assist in promoting and communicating programs and events to residents and families
- Assist in training staff to be able to run programs in your absence
- Assist on resident outings, including but not limited to assisting residents to seats, tying down wheelchairs, and driving 15 passenger bus
|- Experience working with persons with Alzheimer’s/Dementia|
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be upbeat and high energy
- Posses patience and be able to adapt when necessary
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Posses ability to take initiative and be reliable
- Able to lift 40 lbs
View More Jobs
Get Notified of New Jobs at Senior Care Jobs